MicroneedlingSkinpen by Bellus Medical
Microneedling stimulates your skin’s natural ability to repair itself
Microneedling has been our patient’s most popular “GO TO” anti-aging skin procedure because it brings effective, real results for beautiful, healthier skin. Dr. Bartels offers microneedling treatments with SkinPen. It is also known as collagen induction therapy, a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenate aging skin for all skin types. The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
Advanced microneedling technology: Cutting edge, medical grade, anti-aging
SkinPen’s unique FDA approved microneedling technology helps to improve damaged or aging skin by utilizing the body’s healing response. The lightweight and ergonomic design of the SkinPen® in conjunction with the vertical delivery of the needles allows our skin care professional to treat hard-to-reach places and specifically target delicate areas around the eyes, nose and mouth to assist in the collagen remodeling process. SkinPen® uses sterile, disposable needle cartridges that accommodate all skin types and the patient’s individual needs.
SKINPEN IS THE NEXT ADVANCEMENT IN MICRONEEDLING
SkinPen® is a medical grade device with adjustable lengths and disposable straight needles to penetrate at a 90-degree angle. This adjustability allows for differences in skin thickness and skin types. The variable depth (.25mm to 2.5mm) of SkinPen create change in the face, neck, chest, and hands. The actual procedure typically takes 30 – 45 minutes (without a PRP blood draw) depending on the size and number of areas treated and the severity of damage on the skin. There is little to no downtime for the patient. Patients can expect to be pink for 24-48 hours after their procedure and must follow post procedure protocol.
How do you know if SkinPen® Microneedling is right for you?
If you’re searching for:
- A procedure that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, scars and smooth wrinkles.
- SkinPen® may be used on all skin types.
- A safe solution with little recovery time. No ablation or burn to the skin.
- A minimally-invasive procedure that builds Type1 Collagen for 6 months
- A procedure for ongoing maintenance of healthy skin.
- SkinPen® is different from traditional microneedling derma-rollers that can tear the skin, bend, break or even rust, resulting in possible infection or scarring with reuse.
- SkinPen doesn’t remove or damage the epidermis like lasers do.
doesn’t trigger the inflammatory pathways, infections and scarring are unlikely.